Dr. Kathryn Neugent
Welcome! Here are five fun facts about me:
- I'm a senior data scientist at CableLabs in Louisville, Colorado where I spend my time attempting to understand user behavior on the internet.
- Up until July 2023, I was a NASA Hubble Postdoctoral Fellow and my research focused on massive stars. From my astronomy days, I have an asteroid named after me! Watch (165192) Neugent move here and here.
- One of my life goals is to hike to all of the lakes in Rocky Mountain National Park. Track my progress (and photos!) here!
- I'm really good at collecting new hobbies. My current favorites include: hiking, backpacking, landscape photography, knitting, crocheting, weight lifting, cycling (spinning), watching Colorado Avalanche games with my husband Garrett, and learning way too much about the bears of Katmai. I'd also love to get back into playing piano, singing in a choir, and fostering cats.
- And last but very much not least, I'm passionate about advocating for disability rights and destigmatizing mental health discussions.